Sunday, September 23, 2007

Recipe Time!

Anytime I try something new that Allen RAVES over I just have to post it here. That usually means that all wives should be making this for their husbands and getting raves too.

The recipe came from Lynsey Kramer but I found some other versions online too. I adapted it just a touch and decided to use less butter.

Famous Ritz Chicken

3 eggs, beaten
2 cups of crushed Ritz crackers
1 lb. or so of chicken tenders
1/4 cup of stick butter
garlic salt
pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat eggs together in a shallow bowl. Use another shallow bowl for the crushed crackers. Add a generous amount of garlic salt and pepper to the crumbs (1/2 tsp. or so...I just eyed it). Dip tenders first in eggs, then in crackers, fully coating each tender. Place them in a greased baking pan side by side. Cut up the butter and place pieces of it around the chicken. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until they are golden.

I made a bunch so we ate them for leftovers and they were just as good reheated!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. ohhh that sounds yummy! I'm definitely trying that out soon, thanks Kendra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohhhh that sounds yummy! I'm definitely going to try that out soon. Thanks Kendra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. I think we should have that when Janette and I visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can handle that, Will. You just give me the menu and I'll take care of it. We'll just be so happy to have ya'll here!

    I'm pretty sure that and snickerdoodles will be on the menu...;)

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...