Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tiled Bathroom Mirror

I have had some Pinterest successes as well as some Pinterest epic fails. How about you? I have been compiling a list (mainly so I don't make that mistake again) and I will be posting them on the blog sporadically. Today, for your attention, I am letting you know about what I count as a Pinterest SUCCESS! Are you ready?

What's the project you ask?

Tiling your bathroom mirror to make it appear fancy!

I found these mosaic tiles in the clearance section at Lowe's. I honestly didn't even know that Lowe's had a clearance section until I stumbled upon it one day. The one in College Station is in the back of the store behind the organizational isles. They come by the sheet and these were on sale for around $2 per sheet. My mirror needed about 2 1/2 sheets, so this was a very cheap project.

I also needed to buy Silicone Adhesive, which was around $3 for a huge tube that has a lot leftover. So if you are wondering what the total amount is that I spent, let's break it down:

3 sheets of mosaic tiles = $6

1 tube of silicone adhesive = $3
TOTAL: $9

The only thing I love more than a successful project is a FRUGAL, successful project!

So, here goes:

 Pull the tiles off of the backing and order them how you want them (if you are perfectionist like that...)


Squirt a dollop of glue on there and press hard against the mirror, holding it for a second or two to make sure it doesn't slip down.


I just decided to do two rows of them on the outside of our mirror since our bathroom is so small anyway. Didn't want the precious mirror space to get too much smaller, even if it is fancy!

Continue all the way around and when you get to the top, be sure to secure the tiles so they don't began to slowly slide down while they are drying. I did this by putting painters tape in a straight line underneath those tiles. Seemed to work like a charm!




Here is the finished result! I think it's a lovely effect and MUCH nicer than the plain mirror that we endured for many years! Hopefully this is helpful for you as well!




post signature

3 comments:

  1. I love the crimson red walls, it adds power to the room and the lining on them with tiles, its great!!

    Good luck in the future, keep it up!!

    -Irwin Zinkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. ❤❤ it doing this soon to our boring bathroom mirror

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:51 PM

    Do you have any screws that holds the mirror to the wall? I want to do this but I think the little mirror holder might not let me tile lay flat

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...