Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tagged...

Okay, here's what I said last year when I got tagged. In case you are a non-blogger and just a reader you may not know what tagging is, it is the passing along of trivial information.

Here are the official rules:

First, the rules.
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Write 6 random things about yourself.
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post.
4. If you are tagged, DO IT and pass it along.

Obey the rules or there will be serious consequences in the blogosphere. Ha. Just kidding.

Here are my 6... 6 things you may not know about me, that is:

1. I am a very optimistic person. As a matter of fact, I am the person who enters all those sweepstakes where you get a free trip around the world, or the HGTV Dream House and while I am entering my name, I am SURE it's going to be me that wins. I actually entered me and Allen in an Olive Garden trip to Italy contest this summer and it was one where you could enter to win every day and I pretty much entered us every day. Crazy right? Not as crazy as us NOT winning! I was SHOCKED!

2. I have started a little on-the-side, family first (don't worry) bow business. I am working on adding more bows before I release the website on my blog. But, know that it will be soon. So keep looking and waiting. Just don't hold your breath. ;)

3. I used to be a gymnast. From itty bitty through 6th grade it was my life passion. During the later years when I was on team and doing level 5, 6 and 7, I was up at the gym 4 hours a day. My coach even picked me up from school to take me to the gym. It was a HUGE committment and a HUGE pressure when I was competing at the meets, but I always seemed to do good under pressure and won lots of awards, especially on the bars, which were my favorite. The beam was my least favorite. I went to gymnastic camp with Bela Karolyi and met Kerri Strug, Kim Zmeskal (my idol at the time), Dominique Dawes and Shannon Miller. I was always the youngest on my team, and it seems weird that I put so much pressure on myself at such a young age. I still love to watch gymnastics to this day.

4. I tend to perpetually mess up sayings. I am known around my family for doing this and then they continue to make fun of me until I say something else silly. Here are some examples of things I can remember at least, I know there are many more:

"It's like a penny in the bucket" (drop in the bucket)
"It was anonymous" (nothing wrong with that except I meant unanimous)
"It's like hitting a bird with a stone" (oops, one bird with 2 stones)
"hit the hammer on the head" (hit the nail on the head)

5. I find time to read (or at least scan) blogs, but not often do I have time to comment on blogs. I guess this isn't news to anyone, but I just want to publicly say sorry I don't comment. It doesn't mean I don't love you. I really do. I'll try to be better.

6. And lastly, I should let you all know that my birthday month is coming up. It starts on Sept. 19th and goes all through October. Feel free to lavish gifts and cards upon me at any point during the process of turning 26, once again. ;)

I would like to tag everyone who has a blog. I "officially" tag: Misti, Lora, Heather, Kirby, Kelly and the girltalk blog (I'm going to do an experiment and see if they will respond!)

3 comments:

  1. Kendra, good to know you. I don't comment on blogs near as much as I read them either. But I thought you should know that it's 2 birds and 1 stone. I normally don't correct people like that on their blogs but I felt it went along with the reason you posted it.

    ~Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, Charlie! See what I mean here? I just can't get it right!

    Tell your wifey to start fessing up to her 6 things.

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendra, I've been laughing out loud for a couple of minutes over your sayings. Thats hilarious. Now...about those blackout shades or lining...where can I find some?

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...