Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Giving Thanks

It's past that time, but oh well. I want to give thanks for the amazing couple of days we spent with our families. I had special permission from my doctor to travel with the understanding that I would "relax and let everyone else take care of me." Sure, I think I can handle that...that was the amazing part. Our families are always taking care of us, 9 months pregnant or not!





I'm thankful for our Taylor Joy, who blessed so many people just by being there. She certainly brings so much joy to our families. She actually initiated the prayer on Thanksgiving and the holding of hands. It blesses my heart to see that she understands and enjoys all the things that our taught in our home.



"You shall therefore lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall teach them to your children, talking of them when you are sitting in your house, and when you are walking by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise." Deut. 11:18-19


This verse from Deuteronomy sticks out in my head about a million times a day when I feel frustrated that Taylor Joy isn't getting it and need some encouragement. But then in the moments when she does, it is a sweet blessing indeed. I see that the Lord is working in ways that are beyond my vision.

I'm thankful that the Lord has blessed my womb once again and is knitting together a precious baby boy in there as I type. I know He loves that baby way more than I possibly could and I know that His plans for Beckett are perfect. For that I am thankful.

I'm amazingly blessed to have the husband I have. He has always led me, protected me and cared for me, but seeing him as a father has made my love for him grow deeper than imaginable. He spends time with me and Taylor that he doesn't have. He will drop studying the second Taylor comes over and asks him to read. He will drop practically anything to help me get things done around the house. He is especially thoughtful now that I need all the rest I can get, watching Taylor while I lay down for a nap. I don't know the "ways" of other husbands, but I am pretty sure Allen surpasses them. It's guaranteed that Allen will lead our family in "Family Worship" everyday. It's my favorite time of the day. He's investing in the spiritual growth of his family. For that and for him, I am truly thankful.



I'm thankful to the Lord, of course, who has blessed me with all these things. But most importantly, and thinking about the songs we sang at church this weekend, I'm thankful that...

"into His marvelous light I'm running
out of darkness
out of shame
by the cross
you are the truth

you are the life

you are the way"



2 comments:

  1. That is one of my favorite songs because it is a great picture of us continually running into that Marvelous Light...our children see and they know the Truth and it is always so great to see the fruit.

    Your family blesses me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:27 PM

    you are listed on a few of my friends blogs and i just wanted to comment on how precious your daughter is. she is absolutely beautiful, could literally be a gap baby.. from what it sounds like she's even more beautiful on the inside, i just had to comment, God bless and take care of yourself, you're about to get really busy. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...