Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Aloha-palooza

Taylor Joy's Birthday Luau was Saturday and it was so much fun! What started out as a little get together ended up being much bigger than I expected. I really wanted to use her birthday as a reason to get together with family and friends (who also happen to love Taylor Joy) and then invited a few of her friends as well.

It was something I would LOVE to do again. As a matter of fact, I think we should have a luau every year, whether it's Taylor's birthday or not! Don't get me wrong, she had a blast too! Here are some pictures from the par-tay!

Here are all the kiddos eating hot dogs. I had great plans to cook elaborate shish kabobs and all the fixings and Tuesday night (I think) woke up at 3 am thinking/planning/worrying about how I was going to get it all done. I realized right then that I had to do something different rather than be stressed about a little 2 year old's birthday party. So hot dogs and sausage links it was! They turned out great! But, sometimes it takes that happening for me to realize that it's NOT about me being the "hostess with the mostest" or giving the best party ever, it's completely about celebrating our daughter and fellowship with those who love her. I made sure all her babysitters were invited too, to let them know how much we appreciate them! Can I tell you that we have yet to PAY for someone to keep our children? That's how much everyone loves miss Taylor Joy! (and Beckett of course!)


Some lovely ladies...



So much for posing, we know what's on Taylor's mind!



Well, I guess if you're making me pose...



Starting to dig in...



Finger lickin' good...



Wow! This is incredible!



I'm on a sugar high now, mom! No nap today!



Beckett got decked out too! Here he is with Mima and Gpa:



Just chillin' after the party...



Doing a little cooking in my new *gourmet kitchen...



Thanks Mima and Gpa! I LOVE it!



*this kitchen is seriously nicer than mine. Stainless steel appliances, decorative molding and tile backsplash...the burners even light up and make noises. The microwave and phone are interactive. This is one of those gifts that only grandparents could give!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...