Monday, October 25, 2010

Wood Block Photo Display


 My MOPS group got together last week and made these adorable wooden blocks. They are a beautiful way to display a picture you love and switch it out whenever you desire.

Here's a tutorial of something very similar:

Easy Photo Blocks

To give a simplistic idea of what we did:

One of the men in our lives cut the wood and beveled it for us.

We painted the blocks and sanded the edges. (Yes, I used my very first power tool. And Allen knew about it!)

All the ladies picked out a piece or two of scrapbook paper.



We modge podged the paper to the wood block.



Picked out some coordinating ribbons, fluffy yarn, and other decorative items to hot glue to the top.


Selected a button paper clip or modged podged our own binder clip to fancy it up. Sanded the back of it to rough it up a bit, and hot glued it to the block.



A precious way to display a photo! I am making lots of these for Christmas gifts. I think they will be perfect: a photo of the family displayed in a beautiful, handmade way. Let me know if you make these. I'd love to see pictures.


My table of happy crafters!


This post featured on:


post signature

7 comments:

  1. I love these. I have always wanted to make them.

    Hopefully I will be able to make one soon!! :)

    Yours are TOO cute!!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmy and I are making these for all our family members for Christmas!! That's so funny that you put this up. We already planned to buy the wood and supplies this weekend!! We'll be in Houston this weekend and there's a wholesale craft supply there!

    Yours turned out great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I was directed to your blog from The Happy Housewife site. Thank you for sharing! I'm a homeschooler too - this is our 9th year!

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsay10:26 AM

    These are really cute and would be great to use as a recipe card holder in the kitchen also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing! I'm going to make them for my coworkers as a christmas gift with our team photo on it. What size wood did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. SuzieQ - I am guessing because mine are up in the attic (Christmas stuff is out) but they seem to be around 8 inch square with a depth of about 1 1/2 inches. I can do the exact measurements after the New Year but that is my best estimate right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:36 PM

    Another Idea I'm trying is adding ribbon hanging down from it and using it as a bow holder for my little girl and then when she is older I can take it down and put on an easel.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...