Rice Crispy Valentine Pops
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- Food coloring
- 6 cups Rice Crispy cereal
- 12 wooden ice cream sticks
- Flaked coconut
- Multi-colored sprinkles
- Semi-sweet chocolate morsels, melted
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in food coloring, if desired.
2. Add Rice Crispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/2-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into ball. I found that it was better to wait until it had cooled down quite a bit before trying to form the balls. And, it took forming them several times for them to stay.
4. Insert wooden stick, if desired. Decorate with coconut, multi-colored sprinkles and/or melted chocolate, if desired. Let stand until firm. Best if served the same day. We also wrapped them in cellophane and tied a ribbon around them.