Sunday, November 09, 2008

Kendra's Cinnamon Cider


Okay, it's definitely NOT secret (Cate!).

It IS yummy.

It IS essential to the cool weather.

It IS going to be our family tradition (Taylor tried it and likes it!).

And here it is:

Kendra's Cinnamon Cider:

4 quarts (2 large cans) of apple juice
1 quart (1/2 bottle) of cranberry juice
3 sticks of cinnamon
3/4 C. of cinnamon candies (aka Red Hots)

Bring all ingredients to a boil, lower heat slightly and stir continually until all candies have dissolved. Turn heat to low and let simmer for several hours.

My favorite thing to do is transfer it to a crockpot and just let it sit on warm and that lovely smell permeates my house all day. Mmmm...

4 comments:

  1. That sounds great! Did you take that picture? It's really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, yummy! Can't wait to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try it either. I want my house to smell like cinnamon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I am so excited!!! can't wait to try it. I bet it makes the house smell WONDERFUL!
    Thanks Kendra!

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...