Check this out...if you haven't already noticed:
I found out about this lovely little gadget called a favicon. It's the little icon you see in the address bar and then up at the top of your tab if you use Firefox. You can also see it next to my blog if you use a reader. Pretty cool, huh? I thought it was cute, first and foremost. So you're thinking, how do I get one of those little cuties? Well, I'm glad you asked.
I'm going to make this short and sweet. If I have anything else to add, I'll add it in the comments.
1. Make something cute in photoshop or just choose some clipart that will look good really small.
2. Go to this website.
3. Upload your picture, let it create the necessary files and then download them to your computer.
4. Find the ico file that you downloaded and save it as .png in whatever photo editing program you use.
5. Upload that file to your photo-sharing site (I recommend Picasa and will use that as my model). After you have uploaded your picture, go to the right side of the page (in Picasa, at least), select large (800 px) and copy the code where it says "embed image."
6. Log into your blogger account, go to "Settings" and "Edit HTML."
7. Between the head tags in your HTML code, paste this:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://myfavicon.com/favicon.png" />
<link rel="icon" href="http://myfavicon.com/favicon.png" />
8. Now, in place of the highlighted area, paste your location of your picture that you copied in step 5.
9. You may notice that what you pasted is quite a bit more code than what is shown in step 7. You need to delete everything up to the "http" after ".png". Save and you should be on your way to seeing cuteness every time you open your page, too!
Thanks to BlogU for the tips!