Friday, October 09, 2009

Crafty Links

This one is for my crafty friends...which really means, those who desire to craft something. The crafts that I pick are extremely easy and anyone can do. Really.

My lack of posting about crafts in no way means that I haven't been crafty, I just haven't had the energy to post about the crafts, which means I am combining several of my favorite crafts into one post.

And, before I begin, I just want to say...posting fun crafts to our blog is a way for me to expose you to the fun of crafting and show you that anyone can do these! This is not my way of showing your how crafty I am..as a matter of fact, I get all my great ideas from someone else. There is rarely something I came up with on my own. So, be inspired and get crafty this week!

T-Shirt Shrug
Cut Out and Keep
This was definitely the easiest sewing project I have ever done. I am recommending it for your first sewing project. And I am going to make about 10 more of these for myself as well as some for Taylor Joy. They are perfect for layering.


Painted Pumpkins
My family loves to decorate pumpkins every year. We paint pumpkins, carve pumpkins and eat lots of yummy pumpkin desserts.

Last year I became frustrated that our pumpkins weren't lasting longer and so I bought a bunch of foam pumpkins on clearance at Hobby Lobby, thinking it may provide a way for my fall decor to go further in the season. After all, fall decor usually starts in October in our house and ends right after Thanksgiving when we pull out the Christmas decor.

I pulled out some acrylic paints and glitter from the craft closet and went to town on the foam pumpkins a couple of weeks ago. I painted stripes, polka dots, I layered paints to give a distressed look and I even glittered some. I tied raffia and bought a straw bundle to accessorize the pumpkins. I was very pleased with the result. And the best part, I can use them again next year!

So here are the steps:

1. Buy:
foam pumpkins
acrylic paints
glitter
raffia
straw bundle
Clear coat spray

2. Paint pumpkins as desired. Dots and stripes do not need to be perfect. Mine certainly aren't.

3. Let dry and then spray with clear coat.

4. Accessorize with raffia, etc. to achieve the look you desire.

Peasant Skirt
J-Caroline Creative
I made this skirt (a 3 tiered) with some ladies and being together was the most fun part. Actually, wearing them to church together was fun and reminiscent of my high school days when me and my friend Misti would wear coordinating outfits...oh the days! It makes me smile to think of our neon-wearing, platform-sporting selves.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to make these things!!

    I love to layer and am super excited about the shrug!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra, thanks so much for the craft ideas!! I've been feeling crafty lately but had no ideas for projects. I love the pumpkins!

    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh just another reason I can't wait to live close to you! I was just looking today at making the alphabet blocks that someone made for your kiddos for Will's birthday. I'm feeling a little creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh just another reason I can't wait to live close to you! I was just looking today at making the alphabet blocks that someone made for your kiddos for Will's birthday. I'm feeling a little creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pumpkins and I love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for the pumpkins!

    I made one of those peasant skirts last spring, and it is one of my favorites. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have done the first shirt and I always get compliments on it. Very easy.

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...